Wednesday 17 June 2009

Thoughts, Feelings and Planning my first Assignment

The aim of "2: The Frame" was to help me to use the viewfinder as an extension of my eye and ultimately help me to compose well designed and well balanced pictures.

I believe this set of projects has certainly helped me to understand what makes a photograph look "good" and I am now starting to plan my shots and take more time to ensure I capture a perfect image instead of a snapshot. Having said this, I look through the viewfinder much more and am beginning to see potential shots more often. Ultimately I'm taking less photographs but taking more that I feel are "better" than usual, more comfortable to look at, well balanced and interesting.

At the moment I'm slightly behind as it is the 17th of June and my first assignment is due on the 19th. I have informed my Tutor and he assures me it isn't a problem. I want to take my time to ensure I do the best I can and will get it to him soon.

I'm not too worried about this assignment, I don't feel I'll encounter any problems as so far I haven't experienced too many. The assignment is all about contrasts/opposites, this is one subject I feel I'm quite strong in and have come up with some interesting ideas. These include the use of long exposure at night and during the day to portray light and dark and using different components of musical instruments to depict loud and quiet.