Sunday 25 October 2009

Weather, Illness, Postal Strikes and Work

All I've been able to do recently is fill my notebook with ideas of places I'd like to go, techniques I'd like to try and subjects I'd like to shoot. Having taken on more hours at work; combined with severe Tonsillitis, Postal strikes and the extremely bad/usual weather of Manchester, my ability to complete projects and Assignment 3 are somewhat being hindered. The recent postal strikes have meant that books and equipment ordered online are taking longer to arrive. I tend to shop online opposed to going to actual shops as items can be found at much cheaper prices and it's usually a lot more convenient. I have managed to take my camera out on a couple of trips on the only two nice days Manchester has seen this Autumn. During these trips I managed to capture many usable photographs for the projects of Natural Light but still have a long way to go. As for Assignment 3, I would like to shoot Manchester's major landmarks or maybe even base it around Manchester's tallest building, Beetham Tower aka The Hilton Tower, I shall choose my landmarks or viewpoints during the bad weather and return when things perk up.